Testdisk is free opensource data recovery software which allows you to recover lost partitions and/or to make non-booting disks bootable all over again. Whether you have accidentally deleted a partition table or faulty software is the reason behind the lost partition, this software helps you to make recovery easier.
The software can recover the lost partitions from a range of file systems such as FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, BeFS, Windows exFAT, Linus, NTFS, Sun ZFS, Unix File System UFS and UFS2, and many more.
If you have a non-booting drive and have little or no knowledge about data recovery, this software can be used to gather the detailed information about that drive, which further can be transferred to a technical expert for advanced analysis. This makes it one of the effective tools to perform onsite recovery.
The software supports various types of operating systems including Windows (NT4 to Windows 10), DOS, SunOS, MacOS X, and Linux. It has easy-to-use features that enable users, who are little aware of data recovery techniques, to recover the deleted partition. You must have a certain degree of computer expertise to use this tool effectively.
Features of Testdisk
The tool is highly powerful to recover deleted partition, to fix partition tables, and to rebuild the boot sector. The software can perform the given functions:
- It can fix the partition table and can recover the deleted partition with great ease.
- It can fix FAT tables and can recover FAT32 boot sector.
- It can rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 and NTFS boot sector.
- It enables you to recover files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS, and ext2 filesystem.
- It also allows you to copy files from the deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS, and ext2 partitions.
Benefits of Testdisk
- Free of cost
- User-friendly interface
- Suitable for both novices and experts
- Effective and Powerful onsite recovery tool
- Support Windows, Linux, DOS, and MacOS X